When it comes to smartphones, you are sure to get newer and some better while some disappointing updates every now and then. The catch here isn’t that who’s going to produce the costliest ones, but the thing is that to become no. 1 smartphone manufacturer like Samsung, you need to cover markets over various price range and in style.
Samsung has been delivering the world with devices in bunch targeting all the budget group. But the specification gets upgraded to just a little step forward. It seems like the smartphone manufacturers have booked the spot for the ultimate upgrade thing in the smartphone for the higher budgeted smartphone consumers only.
The Samsung Galaxy S9 joins the galaxies of the Samsung with the high-end consumers in mind, released on March 2018. S9 is the immediate rival of iPhone X, there’s no doubt on that. These two giants have been sharing the upper market with their costlier phones. Going for the initial looks, the S9 seems to be promising, offering the latest chipset from Snapdragon, and few boasts of the slew of advance features. Its price starts at $619.99 for base model.
Also Read: Pros and Cons of Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Samsung Galaxy S9 Quick Specs
- 8-inch QHD+ Super AMOLED display
- Variable Aperture with OIS and 8x Digital Zoom
- Infinity display
- Wireless charging
- Iris Scanner, Facial recognition and Fingerprint sensor
- Wireless charging
- Fast charging
- 4 GB RAM, 64/128/256GB internal, SD card support up to 512GB
- Stereo speakers
Pros and Cons of Samsung Galaxy S9
Samsung Galaxy S9 is definitely to lure the higher budgeted consumers towards itself. The market shares of the Apple devices are dropping as the Chinese brand like Xiaomi, Huawei, One Plus and others are taking over the market with their best value for money devices. Let’s look at some of the pros and cons of the S9.
Pros of Samsung Galaxy S9
- Super AMOLED QHD+ display with the trend of notched display going on, some consumers might find it familiar as notched display isn’t everyone’s favorite and the display seems so refreshing with thinner bezels then before.
- Dual aperture mode that is capable of switching between f/1.7 and f/2.4 automatically.
- Dual stereo speakers with DOLBY Atmos support.
- Uplifted security with the unlock method including Iris and face unlock methods.
- Supports expandable storage by addition of SD card up to 512GB
- Headphone jack in the world where everyone seems to ditch them is a treat to watch
- IP68 certified water and dust resistant
- Among the fastest android phones available in benchmark scores
- Provides some essential equipment in the box
Also Read: Pros and Cons of iPhone X
Cons of Samsung Galaxy S9
- Comes with some not so required hardware and software like Bixby Assistant and Bixby dedicated button. It has lot to do in improvement section
- With the incident happened with Note 7, Samsung has been questioned about their batteries and they have been sticking with the older ones. 3000mAh today is mediocre battery.
- AR Emojis are cool implementation but no where near Apple’s. The improvements are there required down the road.
- Dual camera hasn’t been implemented when the world is enjoying even 3 camera combinations.
- Though has fast charging capability, its not the fastest one.
- The design seems to have been recycled with little improvements in bezels and few tweaks.
Samsung Galaxy S9 Review By Marques Brownlee YouTube Channel:
The scene here is similar to the Apple users, whoever has been the fan of Samsung devices will have very opinions bound to their love for Samsung and not exactly talking about the drawbacks. People need to change their taste to actually feel what the other smartphone manufacturers are offering at some even cheaper and affordable price.
The Samsung devices have been great in terms of display, their features provided has been quite impressive but their rebranding of older devices into newer ones just by making little changes in specs and “name” of the smartphone wont work forever. As the consumers grow their taste for smartphones at cheaper cost, the market for Samsung too might go down with their hefty price tags.
As a conclusion, Samsung S9 is great device is you see from the “Camera” perspective with the variable aperture, otherwise there are devices which provide some compromised specs but advanced ones at cheaper prices.