Last Updated on Thursday, November 1, 2018 by ProsCons
Every year with every major release, Samsung does something remarkable that lets it survive ass world’s no. 1 smartphone brand. With its reach in almost all price category, there’s no part in this world where its name isn’t heard. It has been bringing all the fantasies of the consumers to reality as its engineering team works their ass off just to meet the expectations of the consumers. And its no surprise that these particular features that gets added year in and out help the smartphone to stand out starkly amongst the rest. Joining the galaxies of the Samsung Universe is the Samsung Galaxy Note8. Today we are about to explore the Pros and Cons of Samsung Galaxy Note8. Read to the last points coz we hope it will be very beneficial to decide to take one or not.
Note devices aren’t the regular smartphones you would get in the market, it has the bigger display, an S-pen and high-end specs from Samsung. It definitely feels like it has been designed for the corporate world customers who are much possessive about their work and would like to take their work with them wherever they travel. For the ease of working on the bigger and crispy display, an S-pen is a great companion. Note 8 isn’t something vastly different from the S-series devices, yet it is the most powerful Samsung devices. Released in August of 2017, it was the most desired smartphone back then.
Galaxy Note8 Quick Specs
- 3-inch QHD display
- S-pen with better functionality
- First Samsung device to have Dual rear camera with dual OIS
- Infinity display
- Wireless charging
- Iris Scanner, Facial recognition, and Fingerprint sensor
- Fast charging on both wired and wireless
- 6 GB RAM, 64GB internal, expandable up to 256GB
Pros and Cons of Samsung Galaxy Note8
Every device when focusing on improving something happens to compromise on another thing. To keep the price and specifications on margin, there is something left behind either neglected of left behind. Some of the pros and cons of the devices are listed below.
Samsung Galaxy Note8 Pros
- Bigger screen doesn’t hinder in the handling of the device.
- First phone from Samsung to have dual rear camera and that too with dual OIS
- Quick focus and really good camera performance in both lighted and low light condition
- Front facing camera too has an aperture of f/1.7 for better low light photography
- 10nm chipset by Exynos and 6GB RAM
- Great build quality
- Dedicated button for Bixby
- Great sound quality with the speakers being shifted to the bottom
- Super AMOLED Display
- S-pen supports 4096 level of pressure sensitivity
- Split screen mode
- 15GB cloud storage with Samsung’s Cloud
- AKG earphones improve the earphone experience
- IP68 water resistant up to 1.5 meters depth for 30 minutes
- Quick Wireless Charging
Samsung Galaxy Note8 Cons
- Small battery capacity given the features and the screen size
- Hybrid Sim slot, i.e. either 2 sim or 1 sim and 1 SD card at once
- Slight lag during heavy gameplay not because the device’s performance, but simply because games are not optimized for this device
- Fingerprint sensor location is awkwardly placed as its higher and gets confused with dual lens setup as they are placed side by side
- FM radio is missing
- No stereo speaker even for device at $930 price tag
- No IR blaster, it’s good to have something in extra that can help you in everyday life than to miss out in little bit here and there.
Also Read: Pros and Cons of Samsung Galaxy Note9
The Conclusion on Pros and Cons of Samsung Galaxy Note8
Even the generic users who don’t mind bigger phones will cherish the improvements over S8+ like the dual cameras with dual OIS, more RAM, S-pen functionality and so on. Among the cons discussed, fingerprint Sensor placement and battery backup seem to be the only major issue which will definitely need to be improved, but as a whole, it is a great device with big crisp display and top of the line specification.
The device starts its sale from $930 and above.
Also, Watch Samsung Galaxy Note 9 vs Galaxy Note 8 by YouTube Channel SuperSaf TV: