Xiaomi has always been providing the world with higher specification devices at relatively cheaper price. The devices are equipped with top of the line specs yet with relatively lower cost of the devices and cheaper maintenance.
There is competition business between iPhones and Galaxies out there, both in terms of specs and price, then comes the OnePlus devices that provides comparable specs at lower price. In the race of the notched device, Mi 8 joins the league providing the customer satisfaction at much lower price. It isn’t that there aren’t alternative to the device, but at the price, it makes all the sense in the world. It can be compared with higher-end devices given the specs but the price makes us think about the pros and cons.
Xiaomi Mi 8 Quick Specs
- 21-inch Super AMOLED display
- 12MP dual rear camera with OIS and 2x optical zoom
- Notched display
- Snap Dragon 845
- Facial recognition and Fingerprint sensor
- In-display fingerprint Sensor in Explorer Edition
- 64/128/256 GB, 6 GB RAM or 128 GB, 8 GB RAM
- Dual sim
- 3400mAh battery
- Base Price $421 and $577 for Explorer edition
Pros and Cons of Xiaomi Mi8
Though given the price, the specs are very sketchy. It makes us jealous about the specification we are getting at such price compared to what higher-end devices are providing. It isn’t a rocket science to understand that if the prices are kept low, there must be some other areas that might have got discounted as well. Some of the pros and cons of the devices are listed below.
Pros of Xiaomi Mi8
- Excellent Full view screen at mid-range price
- Longer battery life
- Infrared face recognition and fingerprint sensor makes it more secured
- Comes with latest Snap Dragon 845 chipset and Adreno 630 GPU.
- Type-C support
- Hybrid dual sim
- Latest Operating system: Android 8.0 upgradable to Android 9.
- MIUI is feature rich and has a good update track history
- Great images from dual rear camera with similarly awesome selfies
- Super loud and clear audio output
- Comes with Fast Battery charging (Quick charge 4.0)
Also Read: Pros and Cons of Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Cons of Xiaomi Mi8
- The biggest issue we have these days is the price for bigger storage option and Mi 8 too lacks the expansion option from Micro SD card.
- 5mm audio jack has been ditched following the recent trends
- Now wireless charging has been provided out of the box
- At 175gm, it is little heavy considering the recent trend of light and powerful devices.
- Thermal throttling makes the Snap Dragon 845 chipset not show its true potential in benchmark scores.
- Stabilization is not so great in 4K video recording
- It doesn’t have any IP rating so we are not sure of Water and Dust resistance.
This is pretty much it for the pros and cons for the device. Xiaomi devices have always been known for its elegant design and build quality but the software has bloatware. The MIUI though being the highlight for Xiaomi device, it is not enjoyed much by many people. The clean Android version is something that is searched must of the time but MIUI too has its sufficient number of users and its own popularity.
The later to come devices in Xiaomi range will be much waited ones as with the “Pocophone F1” and “Mi 8” being the devices with latest chipset but lower price might attract the customer towards the Chinese market. Other Chinese manufacture like Huawei is doing great surpassing Apple to become the 2nd manufacturer keeping in mind that Huawei doesn’t serve in United States. The future of Xiaomi devices depend on how the Xiaomi recognizes its cons and works towards the efficiency keeping the price low and attracting the consumers in high number. The Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer Edition is rolling out with In-display fingerprint sensor, kicking Apple in every sense possible with the Facial recognition sensors similar to the Apple’s and yet making it faster. But the reliability will be a question as Apple too fails sometimes.