With the advancement of technology, the devices are getting thinner. They also get taller and wider, yet maintain and packing some most advanced features in them. Lately, the processor chip fabrication process has been focused on packing more and more components in many limited and dense spaces. The fabrication process from 14nm came down to 12nm, 10nm and now it has hit the mark of 7nm yet with features and capability higher than the 14nm one. Let’s discuss the pros and cons of the latest iPhone XS.
Apple, on the other hand, has been a company working for innovation and creativity as a whole. When the iPhone X was released, the trend to have a cut-out for the sensors with a screen display, aka notched design started. Many of the manufactures brought forward their own version of the notch but didn’t do quite well compared to Apple as Apple is supposed to be a superior brand and the design pattern is followed after Apple.
With a similar trend, Apple announced its 3 new iPhones this year with the budget, midrange, and premium tags, all being anything but budget. The device follows a similar form factor and design as it had in the iPhone X last year around. It would be a great thing to either see them win commendably or lose miserably.
iPhone XS Quick Specs
- 8-inch Super Retina HD AMOLED display with 458ppi
- Dual 12MP wide-angle f/1.8 and telephoto f/2.4 camera
- Dual OIS, PDAF 2x optical zoom
- Notched 19.5:9 aspect ratio display
- Fast charging and wireless display
- Face ID
- 4 GB RAM, 64/256/512GB internal
- 2658mAh battery
- Apple produced A12 bionic chip
- IP68 water and dust resistance
- Price: $999 and above
Pros and Cons of the iPhone XS are given below:
Being the device from one of the most popular and respected brands, Apple, the expectations are obvious to be high, promising and one of its kind. But Apple too has human engineers and a little bit of tolerance is accepted, though the pros and cons of the iPhone XS are there to be discussed.
Pros of iPhone XS
- First 7nm chip fabrication with performance better than the previous version
- Largest storage option up to 512GB
- Longer battery standby time as stated by Apple in its keynote
- IP68 rated
- Faster charging with type-c to lightning adapter
- Dual sim with 1 physical and one E-sim support
- Faster performance than iPhone X
- Better camera performance especially in portrait mode
- The latest iOS version is out of the box
- Faster Face ID
- Relatively louder speakers
Cons of iPhone XS
- Expensive enough for the base model alone
- Fragile and prone to breakage all-glass style
- Most expensive maintenance as back glass repair costs $499 while Note 9’s glass can be replaced at $30
- Only Face ID for security is a big risky step that Apple has been taking from iPhone X
- The battery is smaller than iPhone X
- Wireless quick charging is not so quick.
- Extra costs for the accessories despite paying such a huge amount, not even fast charger is bundled
- Newer software needs time to get stable from the errors that the customers are currently facing
- Dual sim isn’t quite the one we have been expecting to be
- Not so much of increment to the iPhone X despite some cosmetic changes
Check out the Pros and Cons of iPhone XR.
Conclusion for The Pros and Cons of iPhone XS
Hence, these are a few of the pros and cons of the iPhone XS. iPhone is the biggest name in the smartphone world as Apple being the $1 trillion company now. A bigger name means a bigger price and a better user experience but it might not be the thing we have seen with the Apple devices recently. The Apple enthusiasts might be overwhelmed with the “BIGGER” display, but having only that as an improvement isn’t really the improvement. The form factor is similar to the last version, we would be amazed to see if the bulky cut-out, known as notch would have been slimmer and smaller. The larger battery would have been a great thing as we all know, Apple battery never takes you through the whole day of usage.
Apart from some cosmetic and some software changes, it is just the same iPhone X as the previous version. It isn’t an exciting thing for a company like Apple to make improvements in the cosmetic side and price only. It seems like they had split iPhone X into three parts with a little bit of screen size and display distinction. Bundling some of the adapters for quick charging and other feature wouldn’t make Apple poor as we are already paying a kidney worth of money. Even the lightning to 3.5mm jack adapter has been removed from the box.
If you really want a newer iPhone to update your status, then it’s a device you would definitely go for, but if you already own an iPhone X, I see no point in updating to the newer one.