For all the android users Google and Google Assistant is a very familiar name. And those users at least once might have used them. If you are not familiar then you can simply take it as a voice control command developed by Google. Relatively speaking you give command through your voice by speaking through mobile and the service gets it done. Seems easy right? Well, there are some drawbacks to the service too. In this article, we will simply learn about the Pros and Cons of Google Assistant.
Before we reach there this is what you should know about it.
How to get Google Assistant?
Well, it simply comes preinstalled on your android device. Or you can get it simply from the play store.
How to activate Google Assistant?
Is it free?
Yes, the services provided by the assistant are absolutely free of cost.
Now we got the basics to let us move to the main topic. Here are some of the main Pros and Cons of Google Assistant.
Pros of Google Assistant:
- Open application quicker: Through the service, you can open your application installed on your device simply by giving orders. Basically, you don’t have to go through all your applications just to search and open a single application
- Booking in advance: Using this application you can book movies or restaurants nearby you just by speaking
- Finding information quicker: It helps to find information about anything just by giving orders.
- Gives suggestion: Actually, if you are bored then you can ask it to recommend books, movies, jokes, and series of your choice. All you have to say is “Recommend me some movies” and that is it. Without going through all troubles in searching in the net.
- Used for Image search: You can search anything quicker through an Image search and it is fairly reliable.
- Help in simple queries: It allows user to simplify simple tasks as play music/Make calls or message, help to set alarms, simple settings and so on just by speaking.
Well, these are the advantage of benefits of Google Assistant. Similarly, here are the cons of the service.
Cons of Google Assistant:
- It uses the internet to complete its task. So if the device is not connected then the assistant is basically meaningless.
- If you are using it with your data then it is more likely that your data consumption will be high.
- Devices with low specs cannot fully utilize the service.
Google Assistant is developed for our convenience but still, it is very awkward to speak on your phone like barking orders. While it is good to use the service but you might not use it as often you might think. By analyzing the pros and cons of the Google Assistant you can first think and then decide for yourselves.