With the increasing awareness among people about the pollution related issues, world is shifting towards the alternative source of energy. The fossil fuels are on the verge of extinction, but the world might get into bigger problems with the increasing level of pollutions worldwide. A simple yet effective method might be adopting the electric versions of the vehicle, electric scooter for an instance. Let us discuss the pros and cons of electric scooter in this topic.
Electric scooters are here to stay as the fueled vehicles took over the transportation world in past. Though the vehicle is just arriving in the market, it had been here through trains, and other cars for quite a few times now. Two-wheeler has advantage over thee four-wheeled vehicles and to have the most used vehicle also saving the world from pollution is a plus point. Electric scooters are powered by a huge battery and powerful electric motor. The look and feel of the scooter are no different than any other conventional scooter but you get an advantage of not having to fill the tank with fuel in this world that has fuel prices hiking every now and then.
Electric Scooters Pros and Cons are:-
Though the electric scooter is an advantage to the world, everything has got the second side. For the betterment, there has to be some compromises made. Some of the pros and cons of such electric scooters are as below.
Electric Scooters Pros
- Ease of Use: All you really need to do charge the scooter and go until you have your charge left, which definitely lasts all day for your short daily commute. Its for everyone and you need not have any special training, you just can ride it the way you have been riding your regular scooters.
- Economically sound: With the prices of the fuels growing every now and then, switching to the more economically sound electrical version of the vehicle is a smart move.
- Quiet: The electric scooters are not that loud and irritating ones, its quiet as knife slicing through the butter, quiet and smooth.
- Low Maintenance: Similar to the bicycles, electric scooters are very easy to maintain. Through everyday schedule, you just have to charge and use the scooter. Good quality of scooter can easily last for years. It does require maintenance that is just a battery change after the lifetime of battery finishes.
- Faster Commute: The electric scooters are packed with power and torque. It gains speed faster and has continuous supply of power to the electric motor. So, it is generally faster in the crowded regions where conventional vehicles get stuck changing gears.
Also Read: Pros and Cons of TVS Ntorq
Electric Scooters Cons
- Limited range: Because of the battery being used as the source of power, the range of the electric scooters are limited. Most of the electric scooters provide ranges from 15-40 miles per charge of usage. So, taking it on to a road trip in wilderness won’t be the wisest of the decisions.
- Charging: Charging your vehicle is long and tedious process unless you have access to some of the quick charging stations like Tesla has been providing. Well we have advantage of charging the scooter at home, it generally takes 8-10 hours for full charge which is longer than refilling tank with petrol.
- Silence: Silence in the vehicle can be dangerous sometimes. We can hear vehicle coming from distance and prepare ourselves. But with silent electric vehicle, you don’t have enough time to react if it is coming at greater speed.
- Limited load carrying capacity: With electric motor acting as an engine, it can only be operated till the capacity of the electric motor doesn’t exceeds the limits.
- Theft: With such great features, it is easier to get stolen. It has higher demand in the market and are portable enough. These reasons make it top contender for theft.
Also Read: Aprilia SR 150 Pros and Cons
Conclusion for Electric Scooter Pros and Cons
Hence, these are the pros and cons of electric scooter. The electric version of the scooter is portable, affordable and environmentally friendly alternative to the fuelled vehicles like cars and public transportation. They are fun to ride, just twist the key, start up and get going. Ride all day along and charge it up at night with very little electric costs. But that’s not it, you have disadvantages to that as well, you don’t have enough charging stations like Ether and Tesla provide for their vehicles all around the world which makes charging at home slow and tedious.
There are advantage and disadvantages to everything that you have. Some of the advantages are far bigger than the disadvantages, like in the electric vehicle. In the end, it all comes to the personal preference. A good quality of the electric vehicle is a better option to have than spending your hard-earned money and time in getting into the line for the costlier fuel. So, make sure you have checked all the electric scooter pros and cons before you buy one for yourself.
Check this video of 7 New Electric Scooters in 2019 ft. Smart Ather 450 and Vespa Elettrica by Datacube: awesome facts and interesting top lists: